Chief Financial Officer
Middlesex County College - Edison, NJ , USA
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
OPENING DATE: 9/26/19
CLOSING DATE: 10/17/19 11:59 PM
REPORTS TO: President
1. Serves as the Chief Financial Officer of and Treasurer for the College and provides leadership in the areas of finance, payroll, purchasing, and auxiliary enterprises.
2. Leads and supervises a staff of professional and support personnel in the Finance Division, including the development of annual goals and evaluation of performance.
3. Ensures the College’s sound fiscal health and operational stability through prudent and ethical stewardship of the College’s financial resources in alignment with approved budgets and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
4. Advises the President and Board of Trustees on critical financial matters and changes in federal and state statutes, regulations, and requirements that affect the College.
5. Develops, monitors, and reports regularly and as requested to the President and the Board of Trustees on financial indicators.
6. Establishes and facilitates a budget development process that is grounded in effective and responsive communication, aligns the budget with the College mission and strategic goals, and is based on direction and priorities established by the President and the Board of Trustees.
7. Oversees internal processes related to preparation of annual audits, including working closely with external auditors, and ensures completion of audits in a timely manner.
8. Develops, implements, and maintains internal controls and financial reporting standards and processes that ensure that the College’s fiscal, payroll, and procurement practices comply with external rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
9. Works in collaboration with other senior-level administrators to ensure adherence to purchasing procedures and processes that allow for the efficient and economic procurement and delivery of and payment for goods and services, in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements and College policies and procedures.
10. Serves as the College liaison to the MCC Foundation on financial matters.
11. Oversees review of contracts with external entities, in consultation with other senior-level College administrators and College counsel as needed.
12. Oversees administration of the College’s contracts with external vendors for auxiliary services such as the bookstore and food service.
13. Serves as the College’s finance and business operations representative on statewide affinity groups, the Middlesex County Joint Health Insurance Fund, and other external entities as directed by the President.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Accounting or a related field
• Experience working in an educational environment
• Seven years’ experience in fiscal management
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated experience in accounting and budget development
• Demonstrated experience using financial accounting technology
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively communicate and present information contained in audited financial statements
• Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve business process issues
• Familiarity with GASB financial statement reporting requirements and generally accepted accounting principles
• Certified Public Accountant license
• Executive-level experience reporting directly to a President or Chief Executive Officer
• Experience working in an educational institution in New Jersey
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
• Experience in project management
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex County College employee hired after September 1, 2011, will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
Contact InformationGeorge Goros