Middlesex County College - Edison , NJ , USA
SALARY: $57,042.50 for temporary 6-month period
OPENING DATE: 10/24/19
CLOSING DATE: 11/14/19 11:59 PM
UNIT:Temporary Appointment (1/1/20-6/30/20)
Administrative – Grade Level 10
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
1. Provides leadership and management in financial accountability, policy, systems and reports.
2. Manages the primary financial operations units of the College including budget, accounting, investments, accounts payable, accounts receivable, student accounts, and grants accounting.
3. Maintains accounting and financial practices to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal statutes and GASB guidelines.
4. Manages day-to-day financial and business operations and provides oversight for and supervision of the College’s operating, capital, and grants budgets; allocation, disbursement, and control of fiscal resources; chart of accounts; account reconciliations; year-end closings; tax filings; audit preparations; accounts receivables and payables; student financial aid and accounting; grant accounting; preparation of financial statements and reports; cash receipts; preparation of revenue projections and risk assessments; and other related fiscal activities.
5. Assists the Chief Financial Officer and other senior-level administrators with the development of the College's annual operating and capital budgets.
6. Maintains adequate levels of internal controls through proper segregation of duties, supervision, review of financial results, and procedures.
7. Supervises the year-end closing and preparation of annual financial reports and enrollment audit and coordinates this activity with the College's outside accounting firm.
8. Reviews business processes, identifies opportunities for improvement, and manages their successful implementation.
9. Establishes, promotes, and maintains systems and procedures that preserve and safeguard the integrity of the College’s financial records and ensure the timely and consistent delivery of high-quality services.
10. Evaluates and updates internal control assessments of the College.
11. Assists the Chief Financial Officer in development and maintenance of compliance risk assessment plans and strategies to eliminate or minimize risks and losses to the College.
12. Assists with the preparation and review of monthly financial reports and supporting materials for the President to share with the Board of Trustees.
13. Manages utilization of and enhancements to the College's administrative software.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Certified Public Accountant License
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
• Five years' experience in fiscal management
• Demonstrated history of progressive responsibility managing finances at a college or university
• Experience with best practices in accounting, internal controls, budget, finance and business
• Demonstrated ability to articulate complex financial and business matters to all levels of management
• Strong financial and analytical abilities
• Detailed knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles along with excellent technical and comprehensive abilities
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Temporary Assignment (1/1/20-6/30/20)
Contact InformationGeorge Goros